What is the YouTube algorithm and how can you take advantage of it?
The goals of YouTube’s search and discovery system are twofold:
1. Help viewers find the videos they want to watch
2. Maximize long-term viewer engagement and satisfaction
YouTube primarily wants to serve up the most relevant, personalized videos to their users. By helping users find the videos they are most likely to watch and enjoy, YouTube can keep their users on their site as long as possible and keep them returning.
The YouTube algorithm takes into account:
1. Which videos each user watches
2. What they don’t watch
3. How much time they spend watching each video
4. Their likes and dislikes
5. When they mark a video “not interested” in
Learn more about the YouTube algorithm and how to apply that understanding to your YouTube channel strategy in this video and in the full course: https://bit.ly/2GDM8Ia